Our work with membership organizations over the past 15 years has been very diverse, challenging and ultimately rewarding for both Unified and our customers.
Whether our customer is an Association, Society, Institute or Union they have a common objective; to acquire new members and retain existing members. Whilst digital channels are recognised as important, our customers in this sector face many challenges, such as a lack of budget for online engagement, frustration with previous attempts to create a website that really works, scepticism that members will really use the site or applications.
In addition, we've identified a significant number of customers who have either chosen to use a content management system from the provider of their membership system and then regreted this decision, or struggled to integrate their membership database with the website.
Fortunately, with our overall experience of creating very different websites and Intranets to suit the particular customer and with our expertise in systems integration, Unified has provided real results such as:
- Allowing members to update their details online, subscribe and renew their membership
- Providing facilities to book onto events (in one case, increasing online booking from 52% to 94%)
- Creating a comprehensive online shop so that members can purchase promotional materials, book training, renew subscriptions... all through a single process
- Building online communities so that special interest groups can hold virtual meetings, share thoughts, ideas and comments
- An area for members to upload their own content, video, images, text to help create a member driven history of the organization
Varied examples abound within our work with the Institute of Physics, Institute of Cancer Research, Institution of Chemical Engineering, Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP), European Pharmaceutical Market Research Association (EphMRA), Girlguiding UK, British Soft Drinks Association and GMB. Contact us today to find out how we can help with your individual needs and maximise your member communication through digital channels.
The GMB is a general trade union in the United Kingdom, and has more than 600,000 members read more
Girlguiding UK is the United Kingdom's largest voluntary organisation for girls and young women, with around half a million members including about 100,000 trained volunteer adult Leaders and supporters. 'Girlguiding UK' is an operating name of The Guide Association. read more