We realised early on in our Internet development history that software could provide a lot of the functionality that underpinned our proposed solution. This component is referred to as a content management system and, typically, it will provide:
- An intuitive way to update content so that non-technical users can easily update and create content for publishing on your website / Intranet
- The ability to easily re-use content so that you only need to manage it in one place, but can publish it to any relevant channel
- Separation of content from the way it is presented to allow you to take advantage of channels other than the web, such as alternative mobile versions of your site, digital TV, Really Simple Syndication to spread your content as far as possible, integration with print publishing
- Flexible ways to control the publishing using a combination of permissions (defining what content certain users can edit/create) and workflow to ensure that the right people review content before it becomes public
- An easy way to incorporate any type of media, images, video, Flash movies
- The ability to easily review previous versions of content
With this in mind, we decided to leave development of CMS to specialist vendors and forged strategic partners with a select few, allowing us to concentrate on bringing the entire solution to life.
Since 1995, we have partnered with:
We have also researched the Open Source market and selected Umbraco as the ideal platform for projects where a commercial licence approach is not appropriate.
All of our team are certified in the various CMS we work with and offer both the skills and experience to ensure we deliver right first time.